Race Day Nutrition
HIGH5 Running Nutrition Guides have been designed to help you run faster and to finish a challenge, like a marathon, feeling strong and with a smile on your face. We work exceptionally hard to ensure that you can perform at your best. HIGH5 nutrition undergoes rigorous testing in both the lab and with athletes in the real world. It won’t let you down when it matters most.
Working with athletes, scientists and nutritionists, we’ve developed an easy to follow Marathon Race Day Nutrition Plan. We recommend you practise your nutrition plan on your long training runs.
- The HIGH5 Run Pack contains all the key products you need for race day. If you haven’t already got a belt to carry your gels, then make sure you add the Race Belt to your bundle – it’s designed to hold HIGH5 gels.
- There is a selection gels in the Run Nutrition Pack but Energy Gel Aqua Caffeine are our go to gel for running because it has the consistency more like a sports drink so, unlike many other gels, you don’t need to drink extra water to swallow it. With 30mg caffeine.
- With key electrolytes, sodium, potassium and magnesium, ZERO gives you what water can’t. Perfect to ensure you stay hydrated throughout the day – just add a tab to your water for a refreshing, great tasting sugar free electrolyte with zero calories.
- This gel is great for an extra edge before and during your training session or race. Just like Energy Gel Aqua, each sachet delivers 23g of carbohydrate energy but the Caffeine Hit also contains a high dose of caffeine (100mg). When taking part in tough sports events, caffeine contributes to an increase in endurance performance and capacity. That means you can go further than before!
- A delicious tasting recovery shake for after your ride. Recovery Drink contains 18g of whey isolate, a top quality source of protein which contributes towards muscle growth and maintenance.
Still looking for a training plan for your marathon? Our run coaches have put together free training plans to get you ready for your big day. There is something for every level, no matter whether you are a seasoned runner or signed up for your first one! Get yours here (opens in new window).