Keeping hydrated is an absolute must if you want to optimise your training benefits. Electrolytes like sodium, potassium and magnesium, are lost through sweat and need to be replaced.
Carbohydrate is the essential fuel your body needs during cycling, but your store is relatively small. Depleting your store of carbohydrate, known as glycogen depletion, can happen after one long session or several days of cycling. Glycogen depletion makes you feel like you have no energy and your legs are like lead.
Muscles become sore and stiff when they are stressed during cycling. The depletion of muscle glycogen (muscle carb stores) can impair muscle function resulting in fatigue and reduced exercise performance. The right mix of protein and carbohydrate will help you recover after intense long lasting exercise and turn up ready to perform at your next training session.
- ZERO is a refreshing sugar free electrolyte drink with zero calories that makes it simple and easy to stay hydrated. With key electrolytes, sodium, potassium and magnesium, ZERO gives you what water can’t. Simply add the tablet to your water bottle.
- This easy to chew, great tasting Energy Bar filled with real fruits and grains provides you with both simple and complex carbohydrates to keep you fuelled during your ride.
- Energy Gel is a convenient, fruity gel which delivers carbohydrate straight to your muscles during exercise. Use this when you need an immediate energy boost.
- Sports Vitamins has been specifically formulated to support your training. With 20 active ingredients aimed at replacing key deficiencies common in athletes and boosting your performance, Sports Vitamins help you to be at your best, every day.
- A delicious tasting recovery shake for after your ride. Recovery Drink contains 18g of whey isolate, a top quality source of protein which contributes towards muscle growth and maintenance.
Race Day Nutrition
If you have entered a sportive check out our Sportive Nutrition Guide. We recommend you practise your nutrition plan for the sportive in training.
Looking for a training plan that will get you ready for a sportive? Our knowledgeable cycling coaches can guide you through a 12 week schedule to help you achieve your goal. The training plans are suitable for both riders new to sportives and more seasoned cyclists. Get yours here (opens in new window).